Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Preview at Baby Sweet Pea's Boutique

Yesterday I had the chance to meet an awesome bunch of mamas and their kiddos.  We gathered for a preview of the Signing Smart Beginner Play Class at an adorable cloth diapering and natural parenting store called Baby Sweet Pea's Boutique.  (Thank you, Morgan, for welcoming us into you store when you're not typically open!)

During our semi-structured play time, we sang "3 Little Monkeys," played with bubbles, learned some new signs and talked about what Signing Smart is all about.  The group of kids from infant to "big kid" all seem to have fun playing with a variety of LIGHT and MUSIC toys among other playthings.  I saw more than one new sign come from those tiny hands, and lots of young eyes taking in all the new experiences.

We were a large group in a small space, so our play and chatting got a little noisy.  In the thick of the hubbub, though, I saw lots of important things happening beyond language learning.  I saw mamas making connections.  I saw little ones playing together.  I heard some laughter, and most importantly, I saw parents of infants and toddlers coming together to support each other - in learning language, in diapering, in using carriers, and so much more.  In a society where I often see moms criticizing and tearing each other down, it was magnificent and refreshing to see just the opposite.



In fact, so much good was happening, I didn't even think to stop for a minute to take some pictures. Instead, I'll include some pictures of past fun with MONKEY and MUSIC.

Are you in Northeast Ohio and want to attend a Signing Smart preview or class of your own?  Like my Facebook page or check out my website to stay up to date with all the latest offerings.  Or, contact me about scheduling one!

What song or activity would you be most excited to see at a Signing Smart Preview class?

No comments:

Post a Comment