*I received free admission to Cafe O'Play and lunch for my family to facilitate writing this post. All opinions are my own.*
That's why I'm so grateful to have an awesome indoor play place near by where we can go safely burn some energy regardless of what the weather outside looks like! Cafe O'Play is a large indoor playground with space to run, a two-story padded climbing structure, slides, and so much more.
There are always lots of chances to sign as well - TAKE-TURNS, BALL, WAIT, and DANCE are probably our most frequently used signs while we're playing.
Here are 9 reasons we love Café O'Play and think you will to:
1. Visit any Time of YearWith daily admission rates as well as monthly or 10-visit packages, Cafe O'Play is perfect for any time of year. During the summer, we pop in for the day when it's super hot and we want an air-conditioned place to play or to get out of the rain. In the winter, we opt for the monthly pass and stop in for a half-hour or so after school to burn some extra energy before heading home or visit for a few hours to get out of the house on a snowy Saturday morning.
2. It's Fun - and Always DifferentThe boys (and seemingly all the other kids there too) love to run, climb, slide, and play to their hearts' content. It's not uncommon to see a game of tag or some other creative game start up between a group of children then continue to morph into a dozen different things as each adds an imaginative touch. It is totally common to see the staff join in on the fun!
Just like the outside playgrounds we visit, the play structure doesn't change. The play, though, is never the same twice. It's amazing what a new day and a different mix of imaginations can dream up!
3. Time Out for Me - Or NotI love that I can sit back and relax for a few minutes while the staff run run run with the kids. I also love that I am more than welcome to slip off my shoes and climb my own socked feet up the play structure to help my child myself.
4. The Staff is Super InvolvedDuring busy times, the staff will often facilitate various organized activities like parachute games, sharks and minnows, and other childhood favorites in the sport court. When it's less busy, there are a hand full of spongy balls, foam discs, and stuffed rubber octopuses and pigs (I know - it sounds crazy, but they're always a hit!) to use imaginatively.
5. Interactive Play
There is also a gaga court which looks super fun. My boys are a bit small to stay engaged for long, but I've seem some quite spirited games get started.
6. Options for the Smallest GuestsFor those with younger children, the toddler area (for those under 4) allows climbing, sliding, and lots more fun - all at a toddler's level.
No one gets left out of the fun at Cafe O'Play!
7. The Chance to Grab a Bite to EatThe café part in Café O'Play comes from their menu of goodies to eat and drink. There are great options for adults like cappuccino, chai, and a variety of infused waters in addition to the typical water, milk, juice options. Lunch and dinner choices include a variety of tasty sandwiches, soups, and salads like our favorites - broccoli cheese soup, balsamic marinated portabella sandwich, and red pepper Caesar salad.
8. Kid TinsThe kids menu is my one of my favorites of anywhere we visit. There are traditional options like PBJ sandwiches, and mac and cheese, but we never pass up the kid tins. These six-section muffin tins come filled with five child-approved foods like turkey, cheese, apple sauce, carrots, pretzels, etc. they can choose from a list of 16 options. They are a hit for the boys every time which makes them a hit for Mom and Dad too!
The portions are plentiful, and I definitely feel you get your money's worth! Rarely does my 2 year old finish the entire amount of food (that's nothing new - he rarely finishes food), but my 4 year old never walk away hungry. In a perfect world, I would love to see more fresh fruit and veggie options, but as a once-in-a-while lunch or dinner while we're playing, I can't complain.
9. The AftermathAs you exit Café O'Play, you can't help but notice their warning:
If you find yourself in Stow, Ohio definitely take the time to stop by for a visit, you'll be glad you did!