Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Take A Load Off

Just before a play class session starts, I send a welcome e-mail to the families who will be participating.  I always share the fact that we'll spend most of our time down on the floor, and that if thier little one is not yet sitting un-assisted they might wish to bring something along to help support him or her.  Some families choose to take me up on this offer, and others don't, which is exactly what I had in mind.  However, I never imagined how many different versions of support I would see from those who brought something along!

When I send this e-mail I always envision one of two things - a C-shaped nursing pillow or a molded rubber seat.  I just the last session I saw 3 other types of molded seats, and some inventive uses of pillows as well as mom and dad's legs/knees.  I never knew there were so many options out there!

What's your favorite tool to provide support to your pre-sitter?



No comments:

Post a Comment