Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year's Resolutions


Happy New Year ~ I hope this post finds you safe, happy, and warm!
 
As we get back into the regular swing of things, it's natural to take a moment to take stock in what the past has brought us and think about where we'd like to go in the year ahead. Where do you find yourself going? In an ideal world, what will be different as you look back on 2015 than it is right now? Are going to learn something new?   Do you plan to focus on changes that will allow you to spend more quality family time? Maybe you're finally taking some time out just for you.
 
Can I help you make it happen?

My dream this year is to make Signing with Miss Steph a part of more and more families. Shortly after my oldest son was born was born, I made the decision to start teaching infant and toddler sign language classes using the curricula from Signing Smart. In the beginning, it was something fun for us to do as a new family of three, and I included some friends and friends-of-friends to help cover the costs of the license and materials.

As time has progressed, I've seen first-hand the awesome benefits American Sign Language offers little ones, and my passion for sharing this information with others has greatly intensified. I've started to get the word out about benefits such as reduced frustration and tantrums (for babies and adults!), an increased bond between parent/caregiver and child, improved school performance well into elementary school, and so much more signing children experience.

If your plans this year include spending more quality time with your family, sharing a priceless gift with your little ones, or learning something new - we can be a part of each other's realized dreams.

Here's how:
 

  • Prayers, positive thoughts, good wishes - however you put good into the world, I welcome it!

  • Take a class or workshop - I offer adult/child classes for little ones ~6 months - 2 as well as adult workshops geared to families who are expecting all the way through those with children getting ready to enter Kindergarten. The workshops are also an awesome way for extended family members, teachers, and caregivers to get involved! I offer classes 1:1 as well as for all different sized groups!
  • Share your story - I love to include the perspectives of as many families as possible on my website and blog. If you've taken a Signing Smart class, will you take a moment to share why you're glad you did? If not, could you share why you can't wait to get involved? 

  • Tell a friend - don't have little ones of your own? Please share my contact info with someone who does. Even if they don't live in Northeast Ohio, I am happy to work with them to find a way to benefit from Signing Smart.

  • Recommend Signing Smart to your daycare provider or preschool - the same strategies that help parents at home can help teachers and caregivers in a group setting. 

  • Give a gift- I keep a small stock of all of the Signing Smart materials on hand. They offer books, DVDs, and flashcards for both adults and children. Each has some strategy information included, so they make great shower, birthday, holiday, or "just because" gifts - even for those not able to take a class!

So, where can you find me? Because I don't have I don't have a brick and mortar location, I am able to travel throughout Northeast Ohio. I teach in homes, dance studios, even stores. As long as we have a safe place to play, I'm happy to teach just about anywhere! You can find me online, too:

 

If your plans for 2015 aren't language or family related, I'd still love to support you as much as possible.  Please share your dreams, plans, or resolutions in the comments below!
Most importantly, THANK YOU - for being a part of my dreams, for sharing your own dreams, and for choosing to share the priceless gifts of early communication and long term learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment